Brisbane Trail Ultra
Saturday 6th July 2019
We are excited to announce that in 2019 we will be making the inaugural Brisbane Trail Ultra and Festival one of our major events in the SF Super Series!
Here's what you can expect:
- The course was specifically designed by Shona Stephenson and David Eastman to be placed amongst the most picturesque and challenging trail ultra marathons in Australia
- It's held within 36,000 hectares of D’Aguilar National Parks expansive eucalyptus woodlands, subtropical rainforests and gorges all within a stone’s throw away from the vibrant city centre
- All race distances start in the inner city Brisbane suburb of The Gap. Runners will set off to explore the natural beauty of the nature reserves and National Parks in Brisbane’s backyard. Course start times have been established to get the majority of runners into a spectacular urban finish at Brisbane’s South Bank at night. And 100 milers to come in at sunrise
- 30km, 60, 110km distances can be run solo or in a relay team. The 100 miler will be solo only with a tight 30 hour cut off time.
Why join us?
By joining our SF Super Series team you are helping us in our purpose to fund medical research so a cure can be found in time for children battling Sanfilippo today, and for those born with it tomorrow.
Over the past 5 years we have built a powerful community of like-minded, purpose driven runners, who love a challenge. The incredible efforts of this community have funded vital research projects and given hope to children affected by Sanfilippo and their families.
We call it People-Powered Medicine. We'd love you to join us.
10% Off Your Registration Fee
We are a charity partner of Brisbane Ultra Trail and thanks to the amazing support of Shona Stephenson and her event team, we are offering you a 10% discount when you run as part of the SF Super Series Team. Simply register below to get the discount (it's already included in the price).
Free 12 Week Training Plan and Running Club Sessions
Thanks to our expert coaching partner - TRT Running - we are offering you a free 12 week training plan, free weekly running sessions with TRT Running in Sydney and with our partner club in Brisbane (we're just putting the finishing touches on the partnership!)
Training starts on 15 April!
Awesome running gear and fundraising incentives
By joining our SF Super Series team you're committing to a fundraising target for this event of $1000.
With our support, reaching your target will be a walk in the park. Plus you can unlock some awesome running gear and an epic race weekend experience when you hit your fundraising milestones. Check this out:
- $500 - Unlock your official 2019 Race Day Kit valued at over $80, including your SF Super Series running shirt from Compressport and SF Super Series running visor from BOCO Gear
- $1000 - Unlock your Helix Hero Kit. To complete your race day ensemble you’ll need a pair of goodr running sunnies and some SF Super Series, PB enhancing*, running socks that are sure to have you making an impact on race day. *May or may not enhance your PB :)
- $2000 - Unlock your Helix SUPERhero VIP Race Weekend package including free airport transfers (or equivalent if you reside in the Brisbane area), free pre race dinner, plus a limited edition, premium SF Super Series SUPERhero running shirt!
What distance will you choose?
Don’t be scared off by the ultra marathon challenge… this race is for everyone, from bucket list ticking ultra runners to first time trail runners. Many of our runners in the last few years started with only being able to run 3-4kms and rose to the challenge!
- Brisbane Trail Ultra trail run 30 km Solo and 2 person Relay
(1st leg - 14.1km, 2nd leg - 17.2km)
Start time: 3pm
- Brisbane Trail Ultra trail ultramarathon 60 km Solo and 3 person Relay
(1st leg - 15.6km, 2nd leg - 28.6km, 3rd leg - 17.2km)
Start times: wave 1 - 10am & wave 2 - 12pm
- Brisbane Trail Ultra trail ultramarathon 110 km Solo and 5 person Relay
(1st leg - 15.6km, 2nd leg - 30.2km, 3rd leg - 26.2, 4th leg - 20.7km, 5th leg 17.2km)
Start times: wave 1 - 5am & wave 2 - 7am
- Brisbane Trail Ultra trail ultramarathon 100 Mile Solo
Start time: 5am
As we get closer to the event we'll be communicating all the important info about the event, gear guides, nutrition, hydration and all sorts of other good stuff. For now here's a link to the mandatory gear guide to get you started: BTU Mandatory Gear.pdf
Here is some information on entry, refunds & transfer dates: BTU Entries, Refunds and Transfer Key Dates.pdf
Oh and the great folks at Brisbane Trail Ultra are generous too! All runners who enter the 30km, 60km 110km and 100 mile, solo or relay will receive a special edition Brisbane Trail Ultra technical t-shirt at Race Check-In during on Friday the 5th of July 2019.
Solo 30km (includes 10% discount)
2 Person Relay Team 30km (includes 10% discount)
Solo 60km (includes 10% discount)
3 Person Relay Team 60km (includes 10% discount)
Solo 110km (includes 10% discount)
5 Person Relay Team 110km (includes 10% discount)
Solo 100mile (includes 10% discount)