Surf Coast Century, Anglesea, VIC
Saturday 15th September 2018
This will be the third year that the SFSuper Series does the Surf Coast Century teamed trail run… and we are going back because it’s a fun run and we LOVE it.
The location is SUPER spectacular, the organisers are SUPER organised and for those of us coming from out of Victoria, it is a SUPER mini adventure holiday!
Don’t be scared off by the ultra marathon option here… this race is for everyone- bucket list ticking ultra runners AND first time trail runners. Last year we had 100 runners, 10 of whom did 50 or 100kms and 90 who did 21-28kms.
Many of our runners in the last few years started with only being able to run 3-4kms and rose to the challenge!
We are the chosen charity for this race and so we get looked after by our friends at Rapid Ascent. We have physiotherapists on site in our own SFSuper Series HQ tent and we will be there at the end cheering every team through.
This race is particularly suitable for our Series, as it offers five different distance options for our participants. You can be a first-time runner or a SUPER experienced runner and still be challenged on this course.
Race weekend agenda will be available closer to the event.
Option 1: 4 Person Relay- you choose your own team
Team of 4 to cover 100kms
- This is the preferred registration method for those running 21 to 28kms
- Put together a team of 4 – each member nominates a leg to run
- Choose which leg each relay member runs:
Leg 1 - 21km along the beach
Leg 2 - 28km beautiful coastal run
Leg 3 - 28km with the wildflowers through the hills
Leg 4 - 23km through the bush back to the beach
Option 2: Individual (1 Leg of a team)- we choose your team
For Individual runners who don't have a team
- Nominate preferred leg you'd like to run and we will put you into a relay team of 4
- Let us know if there are any friends you'd like to run the same leg with, and we will make sure you do the same leg!
Option 3: 2-Person Relay
Team of 2 to cover 100km
- The first runner will run legs 1&2 and the second runner legs 3&4
Option 4: Individual (50km)
Option 4: Individual (100km)
- All legs for the ultimate challenge!
Rapid Ascent has a great course description HERE that will help you to decide what leg and distance to do.
What you get with us:
When you sign up for the SFSuper Series you will pay the same entry fee as all other race entrants, however we will also include:
- All the inclusions that all other entrants receive through general registration
- A pre-training and 12-16 week training schedule (16-week for the 50km runners) written especially for the distance you have chosen by our specialist coaches. Check the huddle for details.
- Access to our Northern Beaches training groups (if you live outside the Northern Beaches, and you are interested in group training, we will endeavour to find you a trainer and a group)
- Regular team updates with training and fundraising tips and videos
- A runner's kit including a training shirt, and other surprises
- A great supporter group cheering you on through the event
- Free access to a dedicated physio and masseur after the event
- Prize incentives for fundraising targets reached
- All the camaraderie and support of the SFSuper Series team including a launch event, pre and post race dinners
- If you fundraise in excess of $1000, we will reimburse the cost of your race entry.
What we ask from you:
More than anything we ask you to bring your friends, train with us and have fun!
We also ask all our participants to commit to setting up a fundraising page (as part of your registration) and raising a minimum of $750 each. This may sound like a lot of money, but you are not on your own. We will help you with fundraising ideas and tips.
We’ll even make it more enjoyable for you – there will be monthly fundraising prizes in the lead up to the event, and if you get to $1000 in your fundraising endeavours, we’ll cover your race fee.
Organising accommodation is up to each individual participant, there are many options in Anglesea at many different price points. If you are coming by yourself, then make sure you note this on your registration form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and team you up with some other Series participants so you are with the SFSS gang!
Transfers and Transport:
Depending on final numbers and where our runners are coming from, we will assist in organising transfers to and from Avalon Airport, and if needed Melbourne. These will be additional expenses. Make sure you let us know if you are interested on your registration form or contact us at email@example.com