Here's where you find out all your group training meeting points and links to RSVP! Plus lots of training tips, interesting bits and pieces we like to share, messages from our trainers, flash prize promotions and a lot more – so it's worth a regular squiz!
View training plans for all SFSuper Series events here.
If you have anything you'd like us to share, send through to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll post it up here.
Upcoming Group Training Sessions
Running with TRT
Upcoming Squad Runs will be posted here and in our SFSuper Series Run Club in Strava. Remember to RSVP for these runs so we know to wait for you!
- Wednesday 18 July, 6.30pm - Squad Run. 60mins Tempo & Hills. Meet at Pace Athletic in Manly. RSVP here
- Saturday 21 July, 7.00am - Parkrun. While this isn't an organised Squad Run, there will usually be a group of SFSS runners participating in the Parkrun at Curl Curl. You need to register with Parkrun for a barcode and then its just a 5km race against you and the clock! RSVP here
- Wednesday 25 July, 6.30pm - Squad Run. 60mins Tempo & Hills. Meet at Pace Athletic in Manly. RSVP here
- Thursday 26 July, 6.00am - Squad Run. Easy 30mins. Meet at Humphreys on the Corso in Manly. RSVP here
- Sunday 29 July, 7.00am - Squad Run. 140-150mins Trail Run in Duffys Forest. Meet at St. Ives Showground. RSVP here
Cycling with the Mildrens
Important: Please RSVP via the Strava links below by 4:00pm on Friday if you intend on coming to the weekend group training rides.
There won't be any group training rides during July. For a detailed training plan and full list of group training rides leading up to the event, visit our training plans page here.
- Saturday 4 August - 127km ride. Mona Vale - St Ives - Ettalong - Mona Vale. Meet at Darley St Mona Vale (outside Coffee Brothers) at 6:30am. RSVP here
- Sunday 5 August - 53km ride. Mona Vale - Duffys - Akuna - Mona Vale. Meet at Darley St Mona Vale (outside Coffee Brothers) at 6:30am. RSVP here
- Saturday 25 August - 60km ride. Mona Vale - West Head - Akuna - Mona Vale. Meet at Darley St Mona Vale (outside Coffee Brothers) at 6:30am. RSVP here
- Sunday 26 August - 130km ride. Seaforth - Brooklyn return. Meet at Frenchs Forest Rd outside Anglican Church, there is a layover
area here to wait. 6.30am. RSVP here
Who's Who - Meet the 2018 Team
This year we we have an incredible team here to support you to reach your SUPER point!
Brad, SFSuper Series Campaign Manager – Brad is leading us into the challenge this year and having a crack at his first cycling and swim events.
Jo, Relationship Manager and Run Enthusiast – You will probably hear Jo before you see her on the track. Jo and Coach Gary will work together to motivate you and get you to the finish line of your run challenge.
Jamie Field, Cycle Lover – Jamie is our cycle guru. He motivates and he welcomes everyone. He is a great all-round guy and he's ready to help you take on the Cycle challenge this year along with our Trainers Kylie and Ben Mildren.
Noleen Lance, Family Event Motivator (below) – with her Big Feet and her Big Heart, Nols and Stoddard Lance will lead their family and yours on the Big Feet and Little Feet Family Event.
Leahna, Swim Event Motivator (below) – having set the foundations for a great SFSuper Series this year, Leahna is taking the plunge in November to ensure a big finale to the event series with the Coogee Island Swim.
A message from Jo
A message from Leahna
A message from Noleen
New Runner Tips from Coach G:
Intro to Gary:
If you're cycling for the Series, we have you covered as well! Check out these videos of professional cycler Ben Mildren for help as you train:
General Cycling Tips:
The Run Experience
Check out this awesome YouTube channel all about running! It covers every topic that you could think of. From nutrition, to strength, to motivation, you can find all kinds of tips here! Check out their video on staying motivated and head over to their channel for more specific tips.
Monthly Cycling Podcast
If you're looking for something to listen to while you cycle, it might as well be something that will help you advance! Check out this cycling podcast that covers everything you need to know to push yourself and maintain progress.
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned rider, learning more about the sport is always helpful. Check out these awesome resources to help get you to the next level!
Tips for Long Rides
Starting Out and Staying Motivated
If you're a beginner runner, don't worry! We've got tips for you! Check out any of these awesome resources to help get you on your way.
Proper Running Form
25 Golden Rules of Running
DOs and DON'Ts of Running
- Want to get down with the lingo that comes with running? Check out this A-Z guide – at least you will sound the part before your training begins!
- Join the SFSuper Series Run Strava Club to compare your progress to the rest of the team.
- Make sure you have read the Surf Coast Century's Mandatory Gear List here. If you are a team of 4, you can share most of the gear.
Are you wondering if you can actually do the SFSuper Series in 2018? Remember this quote:
"The greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do." –Walter Bagehot
Do you have any tips or stories you want to share… Send them to us at email@example.com.