Surf Coast Century, Vic
Saturday 9th September 2017
This is the second year in a row that the SFSuper Series has chosen the Surf Coast Century as its trail run… and we are going back because it’s a fun run and we LOVE it.
The location is SUPER spectacular, the organisers are SUPER organised and for those of us coming from out of Victoria, it is a SUPER mini adventure holiday!
Don’t be scared off by the ultra marathon option here… this race is definitely for those who would like to bucket list tick that distance, but also offers many options for those who want to build on their 5km and 10km running distances.
Many of our runners last year started with only being able to run 3-4kms and rose to the challenge!
We are the chosen charity for this race and so we get looked after by our friends at Rapid Ascent. View all race information here but don’t register on the Rapid Ascent site to be part of the SFSuper Series team, you need to register here.
This race is particularly suitable for our Series, as it offers five different distance options for our participants. You can be a first time runner or a SUPER experienced runner and still be challenged on this course.
Click here for our Race weekend agenda.pdf
Option 1: 4-Person Relay
Team of 4 to cover 100kms (registration cost is $109 per runner)
- This is preferred registration method for those running 21 to 28kms
- Put together a team of 4
- Choose which leg each relay member runs:
Leg 1 - 21km along the beach
Leg 2 - 28km beautiful coastal run
Leg 3 - 28km with the wildflowers through the hills
Leg 4 - 23km through the bush back to the beach
Option 2: Individual leg (only)
Individual runners (registration cost is $109 per runner)
- Nominate preferred leg you'd like to run and we will put you into a relay team
- Let us know if there are any friends you'd like to run the same leg with, and we will make sure you do the same leg!
Option 3: 2-Person Relay
Team of 2 to cover 100km (registration cost is $209 per runner)
- The first runner will run legs 1&2 and the second runner legs 3&4
Option 4: Individual (50km)
50km individual (registration cost is $224)
Option 4: Individual (100km)
100km individual (registration cost is $316)
- All legs for the ultimate challenge!
Rapid Ascent has a great course description HERE that will help you to decide what leg and distance to do.
What you get with us:
When you sign up for the SFSuper Series you will pay the same entry fee as all other race entrants, however we will also include:
- All the inclusions that all other entrants receive through general registration
- A pre-training and 12-week training schedule written especially for the distance you have chosen by our specialist coaches
- Access to training groups (this is dependent on your location, but we will endeavour to find you a trainer and a group)
- Regular team updates with training and fundraising tips and videos
- A runner's kit including a training shirt, cap, bottle and other surprises
- A great supporter group cheering you on through the event
- Free access to a dedicated physio and masseur after the event
- Prize incentives for fundraising targets reached including an automatic entry into a Fijian holiday prize for every $100 you raise.
- All the camaraderie and support of the SFSuper Series team including a launch event, pre and post race dinners
- If you fundraise in excess of $1000, we will reimburse the cost of your race entry.
What we ask from you:
More than anything we ask you to bring your friends, train with us and have fun!
We also ask all our participants to commit to setting up a fundraising page (as part of your registration) and raising a minimum of $700 each. This may sound like a lot of money, but you are not on your own. We will help you with fundraising ideas and tips.
We’ll even make it more enjoyable for you – for every $100 you make, we will put your name into a draw to WIN an overseas holiday! And if you get to $1000 in your fundraising endeavours, we’ll cover your race fee.
Organising accommodation is up to each individual participant, and we are currently negotiating a discounted rate at one of the accommodation hubs, however there are many options in Anglesea at many different price points. More information.
If you are coming by yourself, then make sure you note this on your registration form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and team you up with some other Series participants so you are with the SFSS gang!
Transfers and Transport:
Depending on final numbers and where our runners are coming from, we will assist in organising transfers to and from Avalon Airport, and if needed Melbourne. These will be additional expenses. Make sure you let us know if you are interested on your registration form or contact us at: email@example.com